Year 2 Brambles 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Year 2 Brambles !
Teacher - Mrs Laura Williams and Mr Paul Robinson
Hello and welcome to Brambles. We are so excited for the year ahead and look forward to achieving lots of wonderful things together and celebrating your children. Please see the class pages and attached files for more information. If you have any questions then please do get in touch
Reading books will be changed every Tuesday OR Friday once children have read at home
Homework will be given every Friday, in your child's homework book and should be completed by the following Thursday.
Additional homework may be set on mathletics
Please see the class information powerpoint from the meet the teacher evening in the link below for more information.
Please could parents work on letter and number formation at home and prompt the correct use during homework, as these will be essential in ensuring your child understands particular aspects of their work fully. We are also trying to encourage correct use of the English language, while in conversation e.g because instead of coz, is/are (not 'there is lots of us') as this will help with spelling and the children's English writing.
If you find you have any issues with home reading, or want to know further informatiuon regarding reading and spelling/phonics levels please do contact us.
Dates For Your Diary
Y2 Residential- Tuesday 4th June- Wednesday 5th June 2024
- Phonics lessons available at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ. The videos use the same phonics scheme we use in school.
- Oxford Owl ebooks available at https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ will be a great reading recource, especially if your child is reading colour banded books. You can search the library by level > book band to access books at your child's level. Create a log-in to access the online e-books.
- Parents can access WhiteRose at https://whiterosemaths.com where they can find maths planning resources. They are also working on free packages in case of school closures that will include video tutorials and Premium content.
- TopMarks at https://www.topmarks.co.uk provide a wide range of links to online maths games that are organised by age and maths topics.
- Parents can sign up for a free account at https://www.prodigygame.com and access online maths games.
- Parents can sign up for a free account at https://www.pobble.com where they can access comprehension and writing tasks that are linked to an image.
- https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com provides support for early reading and phonics.
- https://www.literacyshed.com provides a variety of creative writing stimulus including videos and images.
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk have a range of phonics games for free.
- https://www.world-geography-games.com has a number of interactive geography-based games.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary provide a wide range of resources that can support most curriculum subjects.
- https://www.cosmickids.com has a wide range of yoga and meditation videos for children.
- If you are looking for extra writing opportunites, www.pobble365.com is a fantastic picture based resource, that, when you scroll down, has suggested activites for your child to try at home. Search back and forth on dates to find older pictures that may enthuse your child further.
Files to Download
Year 2 Brambles: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2 Brambles: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 2 Brambles: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 2 Brambles: Events items
There are no Events items to display