Year 2 Brambles 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Tattenhall Primary School
Year 2 Brambles
Teacher - Mr Jenner
Teaching Assistant – Mrs Roberts (English lessons) & Mrs Hart PM
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Reading books will be changed every Friday.
Homework will be given every Friday, in your child's homework book or online, and should be completed by the following Wednesday.
New spellings for all phonics groups will be in the homeowrk books, with the assignments on 'edshed' being activated after the school day.
Please use the tabs above to find out more about what we are learning in Year 2.
Please could parents work on letter and number formation at home and prompt the correct use during homework, as these will be essential in ensuring your child understands particular aspects of their work fully. I am also trying to encourage correct use of the English language, while in conversation e.g because instead of coz, as this will help with spelling and the children's English writing.
If you find you have any issues with home reading, or want to know further informatiuon regarding reading and spelling/phonics levels please do contact me.
Maths: Place value, addition and subtraction, measure (money) and multiplication
Please follow this link: https://whiterosemaths.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/SoLs/Primary/Autumn2019-20/Year-2-Full-Autumn-Term.pdf for more detailed information.
English: We will be following the Literacy Company units of work. Autumn 1, focusing on re-capping Year 1 end of year objectives using the book "Troll Swap" by Leigh Hodgikson. Autumn 2, focusing on tbc using the book The Owl who was Afraid of the Dark by Rachel Bright.
Maths: Multiplication and division (2,5,10 timestables), properties of shape, statistics and fractions.
Please follow this link: https://whiterosemaths.com/resources?year=year-2 for more detailed information.
English: We will be following the Literacy Company units of work. Spring 1, focusing on re-capping subordinate clauses, apostrophes for contraction and exclamation marks using the book "The Curious Case of the Missing Mammoth" by Ellie Hattie. Autumn 2, focusing on present and past tense, commas in a list and features of various text types using the book "The Great Fire of London" by Emma Adams.
- Phonics lessons available at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ. The videos use the same phonics scheme we use in school.
- Oxford Owl ebooks available at https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ will be a great reading recource, especially if your child is reading colour banded books. You can search the library by level > book band to access books at your child's level. Create a log-in to access the online e-books.
- Parents can access WhiteRose at https://whiterosemaths.com where they can find maths planning resources. They are also working on free packages in case of school closures that will include video tutorials and Premium content.
- TopMarks at https://www.topmarks.co.uk provide a wide range of links to online maths games that are organised by age and maths topics.
- Parents can sign up for a free account at https://www.prodigygame.com and access online maths games.
- Parents can sign up for a free account at https://www.pobble.com where they can access comprehension and writing tasks that are linked to an image.
- https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com provides support for early reading and phonics.
- https://www.literacyshed.com provides a variety of creative writing stimulus including videos and images.
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk have a range of phonics games for free.
- Pupils should regularly explore Purple Mash at https://www.purplemash.com/sch/tattenhall. Teachers will direct children to specific activities but children are free to explore the various resources as they please. (Logins should be in your child’s school planner. Please contact email@example.com if there are any difficulties logging in).
- https://www.world-geography-games.com has a number of interactive geography-based games.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary provide a wide range of resources that can support most curriculum subjects.
- https://www.cosmickids.com has a wide range of yoga and meditation videos for children.
- If you are looking for extra writing opportunites, www.pobble365.com is a fantastic picture based resource, that, when you scroll down, has suggested activites for your child to try at home. Search back and forth on dates to find older pictures that may enthuse your child further.
Files to Download
Year 2 Brambles: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 2 Brambles: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 2 Brambles: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 2 Brambles: Events items
There are no Events items to display