Year 1 Primrose 2023 - 2024
Welcome to Primrose Class!
Welcome back Primrose! 2023 is going to be a super year. I hope you had a well deserved festive break and ready to get back to it!
Contact details:Miss L Blythin
Miss Laura Blythin
Please see our Autum Newsletter attached at the bottom of the page, for more information about what we are doing this term and for other important information.
Reading books will be changed every Tuesday and Friday. Please ensure you are reading every night to help develop your child's fluency and understanding. Whenever you read at home, please make sure you are logging it in their new reading journal. These will be signed off every Friday to audit daily home reading. I recommend that you keep some books for a little bit longer to re-read to support their understanding and fluency.
Homework is sent out every Friday via your child's orange homework book where the content will be stuck onto the next page. Homework is due every following Wednesday for a 3 dojo prize. Find the links below to direct you to some websites we may use for homework.
PE takes place every Tuesday and Thursday and is delivered by our experienced CEPD coaches/ Tattenhall Park Primary staff. Please ensure that your child's PE kit is in every day as we may choose to have an additional PE lesson. Please see our PE timetable below.
Dates For Your Diary
Wednesday 25th October- Hogwarts Disco 4:45-5:45
Christmas Play- Thursday 7th and Friday 8th December at 2pm
Y2 Residential- Tuesday 4th June- Wednesday 5th June 2024
Useful Website Links-
- Phonics lessons available at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ. The videos use the same phonics scheme we use in school.
- Oxford Owl ebooks available at https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ will be a great reading recource, especially if your child is reading colour banded books. You can search the library by level > book band to access books at your child's level. Create a log-in to access the online e-books.
- Parents can access WhiteRose at https://whiterosemaths.com where they can find maths planning resources. They are also working on free packages in case of school closures that will include video tutorials and Premium content.
- TopMarks at https://www.topmarks.co.uk provide a wide range of links to online maths games that are organised by age and maths topics.
- Parents can sign up for a free account at https://www.prodigygame.com and access online maths games.
- Parents can sign up for a free account at https://www.pobble.com where they can access comprehension and writing tasks that are linked to an image.
- https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com provides support for early reading and phonics.
- https://www.literacyshed.com provides a variety of creative writing stimulus including videos and images.
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk have a range of phonics games for free.
- https://www.world-geography-games.com has a number of interactive geography-based games.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary provide a wide range of resources that can support most curriculum subjects.
- https://www.cosmickids.com has a wide range of yoga and meditation videos for children.
- If you are looking for extra writing opportunites, www.pobble365.com is a fantastic picture based resource, that, when you scroll down, has suggested activites for your child to try at home. Search back and forth on dates to find older pictures that may enthuse your child further.
Files to Download
Year 1 Primrose: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1 Primrose: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1 Primrose: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 1 Primrose: Events items
There are no Events items to display