Free School Meals
Complete this application form to claim additional funding
for your child’s school
Dear Parents and Carers,
We are asking parents/guardians whose children go to school in the Cheshire West and Chester area, have a child in reception, year 1 or year 2 in September 2020 and have an entitlement to free school meals to complete this form.
All pupils in these year groups will be able to receive a school meal at no cost to the parent/guardian. We need to ensure that all parents/guardians that have a statutory entitlement to a free school meal complete this form. We will then be able to confirm whether the school is entitled to claim the pupil premium for your child.
The Pupil Premium is extra money given to your child’s school to spend on resources such as one to one tutoring, music lessons, extra curricular clubs and school trips. For 2020/201 we believe this will be £1320 per pupil. Funding is based on children registered for a free school meal, further reinforcing the importance of making sure all those who qualify are actually registered.
Please complete all sections on the form if your income meets one of the categories below and either return it to your school or local benefit office, this will be processed in confidence by the Local Authority.
Your child may be entitled to receive free school meals if you are entitled to receive one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190.
- Universal Credit (Provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400)
It is really important that you complete and return this form to help make sure your child’s school is funded as well as possible.
Free School Meals