Year 1 Thistles 2021 - 2022
Welcome to Thistle Class!
Teacher - Miss Turner (email@example.com)
Teaching Assistant - Mr Milne
P.E - every Thursday morning
Reading books - books will be changed every Monday and Thursday. We will listen to the children reading a book linked to their current phonics level in school at least once a week.
Homework - please prioritise reading regularly. Homework is sent home every Friday and should be returned by the following Wednesday. The homework given will reflect the key learning objectives we are working on in English, maths or phonics/spellings.
Here is a list of resource sites and locations that may be used to set or support your child’s learning (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- Phonics lessons available at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ. The videos use the same phonics scheme we use in school.
- Oxford Owl ebooks available at https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ will be a great reading recource, expecially if your child is reading colour banded books. You can search the library by level > book band to access books at your child's level.
- Parents can access WhiteRose at https://whiterosemaths.com where they can find maths planning resources. They are also working on free packages in case of school closures that will include video tutorials and Premium content.
- TopMarks at https://www.topmarks.co.uk provide a wide range of links to online maths games that are organised by age and maths topics.
- Parents can sign up for a free account at https://www.pobble.com where they can access comprehension and writing tasks that are linked to an image.
- https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com provides support for early reading and phonics.
- https://www.literacyshed.com provides a variety of creative writing stimulus including videos and images.
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk have a range of phonics games for free.
- https://www.world-geography-games.com has a number of interactive geography-based games.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary provide a wide range of resources that can support most curriculum subjects.
- https://www.cosmickids.com has a wide range of yoga and meditation videos for children.
Files to Download
Year 1 Thistles: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 1 Thistles: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1 Thistles: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 1 Thistles: Events items
There are no Events items to display