Year 1 Thistles 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Thistle Class!
P.E - every Thursday morning
Reading books - books will be changed every Thursday. We will listen to the children reading a book linked to their current phonics level in school at least once a week.
Homework - please prioritise reading regularly. We are currently assessing where the children are up to. We will then send home some targets to work on.
Here is a list of resource sites and locations that may be used to set or support your child’s learning (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- Phonics lessons available at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ. The videos use the same phonics scheme we use in school.
- Oxford Owl ebooks available at https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ will be a great reading recource, expecially if your child is reading colour banded books. You can search the library by level > book band to access books at your child's level.
- Parents can access WhiteRose at https://whiterosemaths.com where they can find maths planning resources. They are also working on free packages in case of school closures that will include video tutorials and Premium content.
- TopMarks at https://www.topmarks.co.uk provide a wide range of links to online maths games that are organised by age and maths topics.
- Parents can sign up for a free account at https://www.pobble.com where they can access comprehension and writing tasks that are linked to an image.
- https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com provides support for early reading and phonics.
- https://www.literacyshed.com provides a variety of creative writing stimulus including videos and images.
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk have a range of phonics games for free.
- Pupils should regularly explore Purple Mash at https://www.purplemash.com/sch/tattenhall. Teachers will direct children to specific activities but children are free to explore the various resources as they please. (Logins should be in your child’s school planner. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if there are any difficulties logging in).
- https://www.world-geography-games.com has a number of interactive geography-based games.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary provide a wide range of resources that can support most curriculum subjects.
- https://www.cosmickids.com has a wide range of yoga and meditation videos for children.
Files to Download
Year 1 Thistles: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1 Thistles: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 1 Thistles: Events items
There are no Events items to display