Year 1 & 2 Primrose 2020 - 2021
Welcome to Primrose Class!
It is so lovely to have you all back in school for a fun filled Summer Term ahead!
Mrs Davies teaches Monday, and Tuesday and Mrs Williams teaches Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Mrs Gibson. Mrs Corker and Miss Cunningham are the teaching assistants that work in Primrose Class.
Mrs Davies - email@example.com
Mrs Williams - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see our Summer Newsletter attached at the bottom of the page, for more information about what we are doing this term and for other important information.
A set of targets was sent home with your child for them to work on as part of their homework.
In the event of a self isolation period and your child being well enough to access learning, work will be uploaded onto school spider as it was during home learning. Please find some structure and additional activities to support their learning at home.
Here is a suggested timetable for the day:
Here is a list of resource sites and locations that may be used to set or support your child’s learning (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- Phonics lessons available at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ. The videos use the same phonics scheme we use in school.
- Oxford Owl ebooks available at https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ will be a great reading recource, expecially if your child is reading colour banded books. You can search the library by level > book band to access books at your child's level.
- Classroom Secrets KIDS at https://www.kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/ are allowing parents to sign up for free for a month to access some fantastic learning resources that cover maths, reading, SPAG and history.
- Twinkl at https://www.twinkl.co.uk/offer are offering parents free access to their online learning resources for a month.
- Parents can access WhiteRose at https://whiterosemaths.com where they can find maths planning resources. They are also working on free packages in case of school closures that will include video tutorials and Premium content.
- TopMarks at https://www.topmarks.co.uk provide a wide range of links to online maths games that are organised by age and maths topics.
- Parents can sign up for a free account at https://www.prodigygame.com and access online maths games.
- Parents can sign up for a free account at https://www.pobble.com where they can access comprehension and writing tasks that are linked to an image.
- https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com provides support for early reading and phonics.
- https://www.literacyshed.com provides a variety of creative writing stimulus including videos and images.
- https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk have a range of phonics games for free.
- Pupils should regularly explore Purple Mash at https://www.purplemash.com/sch/tattenhall. Teachers will direct children to specific activities but children are free to explore the various resources as they please. (Logins should be in your child’s school planner. Please contact email@example.com if there are any difficulties logging in).
- https://www.world-geography-games.com has a number of interactive geography-based games.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary provide a wide range of resources that can support most curriculum subjects.
- https://www.cosmickids.com has a wide range of yoga and meditation videos for children.
If you are unable to access electronic resources, teachers will be happy to provide physical copies or alternative activities.
Please submit work on School Spider or via email.
Please remember that, although it is important that your children attempt all work that is set, parents can support when necessary.
Thank you for your support!
Mrs Davies and Mrs Williams
Files to Download
Year 1 & 2 Primrose: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 1 & 2 Primrose: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 1 & 2 Primrose: Events items
There are no Events items to display